Flood Insurance … Are You Covered?
Flooding is not covered under your standard Homeowners Insurance policy.
With the recent storms in Northern California, many may be concerned with the risk of flooding. Here are a few quick facts that you should know:
- Flood insurance has a 30 day waiting period before it is effective (some exceptions apply)
- The maximum amount of coverage for a single family dwelling under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is $250,000
- The maximum amount of personal property coverage for a single family dwelling under the NFIP is $100,000
- Even if you are not in a designated Special Flood Hazard Area and not required by your mortgage company to purchase flood insurance you are still at risk of flooding
- If your property qualifies a Preferred Risk Policy is available with maximum coverage amounts for as little as $365 per year; $1 per day
The agents at Van Beurden Insurance Services are flood insurance savvy. We know the rules of the program and will secure the best rate and coverage available. Call us today for more information!