• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Take a Vow: California Wedding/Special Event Insurance

It seems like this time of year I start to get a lot of questions about what is and isn’t covered under homeowner’s insurance policies in regards to hosting a wedding. Most venues now require a certificate of insurance naming the venue as an additional insured, $1 Million Liability coverage and liquor liability. Homeowner insurance policies don’t usually issue a certificate of insurance when alcohol is being served.

The best answer to protect both the client and venue is to purchase a special event wedding policy.  These policies offer not only the liability coverage they can add (or include) liquor liability, cancellation or postponement, event photographs/video and lost deposits and many other special coverages.

The price tag of weddings has increased to an average of around $27,000!  So it makes sense to properly insure the event.   I have a few markets that write these policies at an affordable rate and don’t require a lot of work from an already stressed new bride. Contact me when you’re planning a wedding and I’ll take care of the rest.

Judy Irons

Sales Associate | Los Osos